Substantial Change in Circumstances

decree-modificationsSometimes things change for the parties after a divorce. The divorce court retains jurisdiction to make changes to the divorce decree if there has been a substantial change in circumstances. Modification can be made to virtually any issue in the divorce case. Modifications to alimony, child support, and child custody are the three most common issues involved in a modification case.

Burden of Proof

Each of these issues have particular criteria that need to be met before a court will change the decree, and the burden of proof is on the party seeking modification.

Please contact me for a Free 30-minute confidential consultation at: (801) 535-4385