When Is Guardianship Needed?

guardianshipA guardianship is used for a minor or an adult who is either mentally or physically incapacitated. The Court will appoint a guardian to serve as a de facto parent for the minor or adult. Notice is required to for an adult. Generally, the Court will want to obtain some information about the minor or adult as to the nature and status of the incapacity.

Utah Guardianship Code

The procedure for guardianships can be found in Utah Code Section 75-5-101, 201, and 301, and their subparts. Detailed information about the guardianship procedure can be found at Section 303.

Contact me for a Free 30-minute no-obligation consultation: (801) 535-4385